I’m finally getting around to finishing the drying of my sage. Here’s how:
1. Cut the plant even with the ground. I used kitchen shears.
2. Wash all of the stems, and remove all of the leaves from the stems.
3. Line baking sheets with paper towels and lay the leaves onto the sheets. Make sure none of the leaves are touching or stuck together. This could lead to the leaves molding and rotting.
4. Let them air dry for at least a week.
5. Place the dried leaves into a ziplock bag and crunch until it’s a very fine consistency. The sage is about half way done in this picture.
6. Enjoy! – The Infertile Housewife